Set in an isolated mining town on the outskirts of Death Valley, Song of Salt is an immersive glimpse into the struggles and celebrations within a tight-knit community as its residents, suspended between the past and the future, face the present realities of an eroding economy.
A microcosm of contemporary American rurality, Trona, California demonstrates the complexities, hardships, and small beauties that are revealed when we look beyond prevailing stereotypes. Oscillating between dramatic stillness and wild freedom, patient observation and intimate immersion, the film goes on an engaging and dignified exploration of what it means to be both forgotten and free.
A film admission ticket gives you access to the film screening and complimentary admission to all UCR ARTS exhibitions during your visit. Please note: most galleries close at 5 PM. For a list of current exhibitions, please click here.
- Please review our COVID-19 safety guidelines here.
- To reserve your ticket(s), select a date and time.
- Add to your cart a ticket from the category that best describes you and the quantity/category of tickets for all members in your party.
- When you arrive, present your E-Ticket(s) (printed or on your mobile device) and valid student ID, if applicable, to staff. Will Call tickets may be redeemed at the Admissions Desk.
- Film admission tickets are valid for the screening time indicated on the ticket only.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.