Panah Panahi, son and collaborator of embattled filmmaker Jafar Panahi and apprentice to Iranian master Abbas Kiarostami, makes a striking feature debut with this charming, sharp-witted, and deeply moving comic drama. Hit the Road takes the tradition of the Iranian road-trip movie and adds unexpected twists and turns. It follows a family of four – two middle-aged parents and their sons, one a taciturn adult, the other a ebullient six-year-old – as they drive across the Iranian countryside. Over the course of the trip, they bond over memories of the past, grapple with fears of the unknown, and fuss over their sick dog. Unspoken tensions arise and the film builds emotional momentum as it slowly reveals the furtive purpose for their journey. The result is a humanist drama that offers an authentic, often comedic, and deeply sincere observation of an Iranian family preparing to part with one of their own.
A film admission ticket gives you access to the film screening and complimentary admission to all UCR ARTS exhibitions during your visit. Please note: most galleries close at 5 PM. For a list of current exhibitions, please click here.
- Please review our COVID-19 safety guidelines here.
- To purchase ticket(s), select a date and time.
- Add to your cart a ticket from the category that best describes you and the quantity/category of tickets for all members in your party.
- Proceed to checkout and select a delivery option.
- When you arrive, present your E-Ticket(s) (printed or on your mobile device) to staff. Will Call tickets may be redeemed at the Admissions Desk.
- Admission tickets are valid for the date and time indicated on the ticket only.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.