This special program features all the great short films you might have missed in 2020 and beyond!
The Human Voice
Director and Screenwriter: Pedro Almodóvar
A woman watches time passing next to the suitcases of her ex-lover (who is supposed to come pick them up, but never arrives) and a restless dog who doesn’t understand that his master has abandoned him.
BJ's Mobile Gift Shop
Director and Screenwriter: Jason Park
A young Korean-American hustler runs throughout the city of Chicago making sales out of his "mobile gift shop."
Director and Screenwriter: Kelly Fyffe-Marshall
A Black man laments as he comes face-to-face with the realities of being Black in the 21st century.
Director and Screenwriter: Serhat Karaaslan
France, Romania, Turkey
In a town in Turkey, a young couple is looking for some privacy. They are rejected from the hotels because they do not have a marriage certificate. When they think they found a way, the situation gets out of hand.
Director and Screenwriter: Kang-min Kim
South Korea, U.S.A.
My mother's dreams have always been strong premonitions for important moments in my life. I rely on her dreams more than any religion.
To Know Her
Director: Natalie Chao
U.S.A., Hong Kong
A poetic exploration of the camera's gaze and a family's relationship with the filmmaker's mother.
Director and Screenwriter: Melody C. Roscher
Amidst a racially tense Southern wedding, a biracial bride has the chance to confront her estranged Black father after accidentally hiring his wedding band to perform.
Directors and Screenwriters: Sam Guest, Julia Baylis
Determined to save her wheelchair ramp from repossession, Daisy confronts the shady insurance agent who owes her money. Wiggle Room received the 2021 Sundance Film Festival Special Jury Prize for Acting.
A film admission ticket gives you access to the film screening and complimentary admission to all UCR ARTS exhibitions during your visit. Please note: most galleries close at 5 PM. For a list of current exhibitions, please click here.
- Please note: COVID-19 safety guidelines are in place. At this time, face masks and social distancing from groups outside your party are required regardless of vaccination status. Culver Cinema capacity is currently limited to 50%. We have purchased new aerosolizing guns to further sanitize between each screening.
- To reserve your ticket(s), select a date and time.
- Add to your cart a ticket from the category that best describes you and the quantity/category of tickets for all members in your party.
- When you arrive, present your E-Ticket(s) (printed or on your mobile device) and valid student ID, if applicable, to staff. E-Tickets may also be redeemed at the Admissions Desk.
- Film admission tickets are valid for the screening time indicated on the ticket only.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, safety guidelines are listed below:
- At this time, face masks are required regardless of vaccination status.
- If you feel unwell, please reschedule your visit.Feel free to use hand sanitizing stations and wash hands as necessary.
- As always, large bags, food, and drink are not permitted in the museum and theatre.
- We are following an enhanced cleaning protocol and our ventilation filters are changed regularly.
- Culver Cinema capacity is currently limited to 50% and social distancing is required in the theatre. We have purchased new aerosolizing guns to further sanitize between each screening.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. We cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. Those visiting UCR ARTS do so at their own risk of such exposure.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.